POSSafetyNet℠: Our vision for improved school security going forward is to achieve the following objectives:
- Build a standardized and unified, national K-12 school security program, with members from educational organizations, security companies, law enforcement and government, which would establish a construct whereby proven safety solutions, knowledge and education would be made readily and consistently available to all educational institutions in need of them. This program would provide a similar function to K-12 schools as the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) serves the fire industry. The mission of the international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896, is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training & education.
- Create a standardized and unified approach for providing proven safety and security systems and solutions for educational facilities that control and limit access of potential mass shooting assailants.
- Supply a standardized and unified quantitative measurement tool to evaluate the vulnerability of schools universally across the U.S.
- Generate an assessment and checklist process which applies the standardized measurement tool to evaluate K-12 school facilities.
- Train and certify specialized K-12 school security experts in applying the assessment and checklist process and installing the required safety and security solutions, to adhere to the minimum standard of school security requirements.