WE EXIST TO END SCHOOL SHOOTINGS – ON OUR K-12 CAMPUSES
Our Letter of Inquiry
HELP US, SO NO MORE CHILDREN ARE MURDERED IN OUR SCHOOLS
Gun violence is now the leading cause of death for children! You and I know that we need to take steps to end school shootings, and now is the time to do something about it. There’s a problem, do not turn away. People like us need to look at the crises, support the cause, and help us travel down the pathway to the solution because our children are priceless.
We believe our first responsibility is for the safety and security of our students. In meeting their needs, our commitment must be of the highest standards to address our active school shooter – public health crises. We are in alliance with educational institutions and public and private consultants, Certified School Safety Professionals, School Security & Crises Preparedness Specialists, Law Enforcement, and Government Agencies.
YOU CAN HELP! We are a nonprofit devoted to stopping the killing of our children and have developed an all-inclusive, in-depth, and comprehensive school gun safety App, POSSafetyNet℠. Designed to save student lives; conceived specifically to evaluate K-12 schools, across the nation, in determining strengths, deficiencies, and weaknesses relative to school shootings, gun safety, and active-shooter prevention. Schools now assess the safety, security, accessibility, and emergency preparedness of school buildings and grounds – using our site assess mobile app. We provide each school with a tablet with our App installed – for ease of use and enhanced useability to perform the school site analysis.
With integrity and a core belief in student safety, we research, document, score, and implement gun safety program activity through POSSafetyNet℠, in our U.S. educational school systems. Evaluation of the associated school – allows each school to measure its existence or absence of specified measures relative to school shooter prevention and safety. Once the evaluation is complete in the App, our professional safety team generates a score for the school and provides a report based on its strengths and weaknesses. Gun safety awareness! We classify and categorize best-practice policies to construct a gun reference point average and implement a study based on identified demographics.
- Secondary/Primary – Elementary, Middle, and High
- Geography – Urban, Suburban, and Rural
- Building(s) Total Sqft.
- Campus Acreage
- The report outlines deficiencies: required improvements needed for the school interior and exterior – plans specific to the school to achieve a level of safety standards and practices, including gun safety awareness and responsiveness that improves the school’s ability to prevent school shootings on campus.
- Our purpose and priority are the safety and security of our students. We Identify schools that currently provide superior best practices relative to gun safety, including physical and other security measures, a communication plan with local law enforcement. This response plan includes coordination with local agencies, an active shooter response plan, and a trauma response plan.
- We reference schools with no fear of gun violence and where students feel safe. As mentioned, we measure the existence or absence of specific gun safety procedures among school districts across the nation and provide the recommended modifications and reforms for adaptation and improvement based on the assessment app POSSafetyNet℠. The K-12 universal gun safety audit classifies and categorizes results to construct gun safety best practice reference points implemented by individual school demographics.
BECAUSE OF YOU, WE ARE SAVING STUDENT LIVES! Regrettably, today, our K-12 school gun safety policies are NOT uniform. Some cities and states utilize dissimilar safety policies, and Protecting Our Students standardizes, unifies, certifies, and implements best-practice procedures via results from the POSSafetyNet℠, nationwide. For example, we examine a superintendent over a school district in a city in Oregon… this particular district’s active shooter gun safety policies and procedures can be different to his colleague’s, a superintendent over a district in a city in Alabama.
We constantly update these best-practice policies and reference points in the overall research and examination of active shooter safety and security policies. We recognize that our work is continually modernized, and innovative programs developed and deployed. POSSafetyNet℠ ASSESSES EACH SCHOOL’S ACTIVE SHOOTER SAFETY POLICIES:
- ASSESSES BEST-PRACTICE SAFETY POLICIES FROM SCHOOL DISTRICTS
- SCORES, EVALUATES, AND CERTIFIES SCHOOL SAFETY PROGRAMS, FOR UNIFICATION
- MEASURES STRENGTHS AND DEFICIENCIES AMONG SCHOOL DISTRICTS, PROVIDES RECOMMENDED MODIFICATIONS FOR ADAPTATION VIA RESULTS FROM IMPLEMENTATION OF THE POSSAFETYNET℠
- CONSOLIDATES AND STANDARDIZES BEST-PRACTICE COLLECTED DATA BY SCHOOL DEMOGRAPHICS
- IMPLEMENTS THESE CERTIFIED AND UNIFIED SCHOOL SAFETY PROGRAMS THROUGHOUT THE NATION
POSSafetyNet℠ ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION PROGRAM IS A DIGITAL APPLICATION SOFTWARE WHICH RESIDES ON A TABLET FOR EASE OF USE FOR K-12. THE ASSESSMENT APP DEFINES BEST-PRACTICE GUN SAFETY PROGRAMS; STANDARDIZES, UNIFIES, AND CERTIFIES SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICIES, IN OUR K-12 SCHOOLS.
- Protecting Our Students collaborates with local school districts nationwide by speaking directly with Superintendents, District Managers, Principals, and School Safety Coordinators. Our App allows each school to quantify in totality, interior and exterior, its existence or absence of specified gun safety measures.
- Protecting Our Students is a coalition of concerned citizens: parents, teachers, students, communities, and security consultant experts. Joined to problem solve, share best practices, and take specific and measurable actions. We exist to create a unified, safe environment for our students.
- Experts and professionals committed to providing a comprehensive best-practice Emergency Operating Plan (EOP) for implementation to achieve the highest level of gun security for our school children.
More than 311,000 students have experienced gun violence at school since Columbine and the frequency of these incidents has been steadily increasing over the past decade.
Imagine a world where students could attend learning facilities with a unified and all-inclusive safety and security action plan and prevention in place so that our students have no fear of gun violence.
Cell: (310) 721-0910 / Office: (888) 500-3393
© 2022 Protecting Our Students, Inc. Protecting Our Students is exempt from tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and qualifies for the maximum charitable contribution deduction by donors. Our Federal Identification Number is 84-2441012